We are committed to assisting our customers in their efforts to recycle.
Start recycling today because…
- The average American uses 7 trees a year in paper, wood and other products from trees
- 1 ton of recycled paper saves about 7,000 gallons of water, 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil and 4000 kilowatts of energy
- Recycling a 1-gallon plastic milk jug saves enough energy to keep a 100-watt light bulb lit for 11 hours
- 19 plastic bottles can be recycled into enough fiber to make an XL t-shirt or 1 sq. ft. of carpet
- Recycling 1 aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for 3 hours.
Not only is recycling great for the environment, the city of Chicago requires all multi-unit buildings and commercial businesses to have an effective recycling program in place. We have a full understanding of the ordinance and can help you in establishing a program for you.
From minimal compliance to massive trash volume reductions, our recycling programs can be tailored to fit your needs.
Link to City of Chicago multi-unit residential building recycling ordinance
Link to City of Chicago commercial & retail space recycling ordinance
Click here to download our complete Recycling Instruction Manual
- Newspaper (with inserts)
- Telephone Directories
- Office/School Paper
- Advertising/Junk Mail
- Kraft Brown Paper Bags
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Cereal Boxes
- Pasta Boxes
- Clothing Boxes
- Tissue Boxes
All plastic bottles and containers with these symbols underneath.
- Plastic beverage and food containers
- Milk, water and juice bottles
- Liquid detergent, fabric softener, bleach, shampoo
- Yogurt cups
- Vegetable oil bottles
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel or tin cans
- Bottles and jars only.
- Brown, green and clear glass.
- All materials may be mixed together.
- Paper may be placed in paper bags (optional).
- Flatten all corrugated cardboard and paperboard boxes.
- Remove any non-paper packing material (Styrofoam)
- Place items in PAPER bags when possible to help keep items from blowing around before pickup.
- DO NOT: recycle wire hangers (please return to your cleaners).
- DO NOT: recycle mirrors, light bulbs, window glass, or ceramics in recycling container.
- DO NOT: include soiled paper fibers (oily pizza boxes, paper napkins, etc.)
- DO NOT: recycle batteries.
- DO NOT: place materials in plastic bags.
- DO NOT: include Styrofoam, wood, plastic film, plastic bags, plastic toys, or diapers in recycling containers.
- DO NOT: recycle electronics.